Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Power of Delete

That pathetic song from the '70s, "Alone Again (Naturally)" seems to be a bit of an anthem these days. Yes, single again. But no, I'm not feeling as pathetic as the song. I'm surprisingly good, as a matter of fact. And no, I'm not in denial.

I'm sorry it ended so abruptly. I had no idea our last weekend together 2 weeks ago was going to be our last weekend. It's just strange, that's all.  But as I mentioned to a friend earlier today, I do feel like I dodged a bullet. He was a great guy, spent 9 months together, but he was just wound a bit too tightly for my Type-B personality. I want someone I can be relaxed around, someone nurturing. He wasn't. Next.

So, the power of delete.  It's that feeling of closure that only this era can bring.  When you've broken up with someone and are happy to get them gone, you open the address book on your phone, find the poor bastard's name and press delete. What makes it even better, is you're always asked if you're sure, which gives you a second or two to reflect and then joyously hit delete. Whew. Chapter closed. Time to start a new one!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Amy. I can totally understand your blog, God knows I've dated my share of losers and it does feel good to delete them from your life. On to better things, I say.

    ReplyDelete